Working with the creative industries for over 30 years, Cornelia McCarthy is involved with cultural organisations, tourism providers, craftspeople and visual artists as
- an event manager working with cultural and tourism organisations. Recent activities: Artist Liaison at the Kilkenny Arts Festival 2010-2019; On the ‘Bid Team’ for the ThreeSisters2020,SE Ireland’s 2015 bid for EU Capital of Culture in 2020; for Carlow Arts Festival/VISUAL ‘Materialisation: Mapping the Making’ Textile Collaboration and in 2013 ‘Improvisations on the Theme of an Irish stone wall’ watch short video about the international wood art collaboration in Carlow; ‘Open Art Killenure’ and sculpture trail at Killenure Castle Tipperary; ‘Crafted Creatures’ exhibition and outreach programme at The Ark Cultural Centre for Children Dublin; seminars and events for Crafts Council of Ireland and Blackstairs Opera at Borris House and at Kilkenny Castle.
- a writer and researcher for various cultural publications.
- a mentor with individual businesses and groups, mainly creative or tourism enterprises in South East Ireland.
- a Business Development Officer – corporate experience with the Crafts Council of Ireland, DESIGNyard, the Arts Council, Douglas Hyde Gallery
- runs the ‘family business’ Glenn Lucas Woodturning Study Centre with husband Glenn Lucas